Charvil Parish Council is responsible for the provision and maintenance of certain facilities within the parish, including playing fields, leisure facilities, the Village Hall, the Pavilion at East Park Farm, rights of way, bus shelters, public seats, notice boards and some street lighting.
The Council wishes to employ a Litter Warden and General Factotum. Duties will include:
- Keeping the footpaths and verges on the roads in the village free from litter.
- Removing graffiti.
- Checking that Council run facilities are in good order, and performing small DIY tasks; for example, replacing lightbulbs, maintaining shelving, sweeping leaves and reporting larger items to the Parish Clerk to arrange for maintenance to be carried out.
- Checking the safety of the equipment in the parks for which the council is responsible and reporting any issues to the Parish Clerk.
- Weeding at the East Park Farm playing fields and car park.
- Other general duties as directed by the Parish Clerk.
This is a very important role which helps to ensure the environment of our Village is kept in the best possible condition. We are proud of Charvil and hope to recruit someone who will enjoy being part of the team that makes this happen.
Hours of work are 6 per week. When these are worked is flexible as workload varies throughout the year.
Rate of pay is £8.722 per hour.
If you are interested, please contact Miranda Parker at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is Friday 24th November 2017