Every year, Parish and Town Councils must conduct a review of the previous year’s finances and procedures, which are exmined first by the internal auditor, who is appointend by the Council, and then by an external auditor, appointed by the Government.
It is a requirement to invite interested parties to examine the unaudited Annual return (the document that is presented to the external auditor) before the external auditor investigates the information given to them, and then to allow people to see the audited version, which includes the signed opinion of the external auditor. All of the documents can be accessed on the Finance tab of the website, but for ease of access, here are the Audited Annual Return 2022 and the signed Signed external auditor’s report Aug 2022.
Here is the Notice of Conclusion of Audit
Annual Governance and Accountability Return for the year ended 31 March 2022
Sections 20 (2) and 25 of the Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014
Accounts and audit Regulations 2015 (SI2015/234)
- The audit of accounts for Charvil Parish Council for the year ended 31 March 2022 has been completed and the accounts have been published.
- The Annual Governance and Accountability Return is available for inspection by any local government elector of the area of Charvil Parish Council on application to:
- Miranda Parker, Parish Clerk, c/o Charvil Village Hall, The Hawrthorns, Charvil, Reading, Berks RG10 9TT. EMAIL:firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Return is available for inspection 9-12.30. Mon-Fri by appointment
- Copies will be provided to any person on payment of £10 for each copy of the Annual Governance and Accountability Return.
Announcement made by Miranda Parker
Date of Announcement 31st August 2022