Charvil Parish Council is responsible for the provision and maintenance of certain facilities within the parish, including playing fields, leisure facilities, the Village Hall, the Pavilion at East Park Farm, rights of way, bus shelters, public seats, notice boards and some street lighting.
The Council wish to appoint a caretaker for the Village Hall and the East Park Farm Pavilion who will be working mainly at weekends and evenings, supporting the other Council staff as required.
- To open and lock up the hall and pavilion at weekends, including evenings
- To be on call for evening parties with one month’s notice
- To make minor repairs as needed and to report any other faults as required
- To erect and dismantle the stage as necessary
- To be part of the litter picking team as required
- To check alarms and fire extinguishers each month
- To conduct the weekly run-offs for the legionella’s checks
There is a need to be flexible in this role as the hours needed each week will depend on bookings, but it is envisaged that it will be between 4 and 8 hours per week. The Council has recently adopted a policy to charge a call-out fee if there is a need for a member of staff to attend an event in the case of complaints etc, and a proportion of this will be passed to the member of staff attending at the discretion of the Council.
This is a very important role which helps to ensure the Community buildings in Charvil are kept in the best possible condition. We are proud of Charvil and hope to recruit someone who will enjoy being part of the team that makes this happen.
Rate of pay is £9.39 per hour.
If you are interested, please contact Miranda Parker at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is Friday 20th September 2017